Due to the ongoing threat of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and given that Illinois has issued a disaster proclamation (Illinois’s version of a state of emergency), CAHIIM has made the decision to move the Accreditation Process Conference, scheduled to take place in Chicago on April 27-30, 2020, to a virtual conference. The health and wellbeing of our staff, our volunteers and participants is a top priority, and at this time, we feel this precautionary step is an important one to take. The content of the conference remains the same and will be offered live with the ability to interact with presenters and CAHIIM staff.
Please be aware that cancellations must be made by April 5, 2020. Please refer to the cancellation policy below for further information.
ABOUT THE EVENT
This Virtual Conference is designed to assist programs seeking initial or continuing CAHIIM accreditation. Attendees will learn to prepare for the process, review the Accreditation Standards and curriculum requirements, examine the CAHIIM expectations for quality assessment, and assess overall program readiness.
The Conference provides an opportunity to meet virtually with CAHIIM staff and walk through the steps to using the web-based online CAHIIM Accreditation System (CAS) and get advice on the accreditation process and instructions on how to prepare the required documentation within the Self-Assessment process. This year CAHIIM we welcome an industry expert who will guide participants and go over the intricacies of crafting and executing a strategic plan.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Program directors, faculty and administrators of health information management programs seeking Initial and Continuing Accreditation.
- The fundamentals of CAHIIM Accreditation, policies and procedures
Interpretation of the Accreditation Standards
- A step-by-step guide to the program Self-Assessment process using the CAS online web-based system and it’s functionality
- Explanation of CAHIIM expectations and documentation requirements
- Curriculum design guidance and syllabus evaluation requirements
- Constructing a meaningful program evaluation plan and outcomes assessment techniques
- Examine resources, online program delivery, practical experiences and much more
- New this year: Architecting a strategic Plan - guided sessions with an industry expert allows participants to develop and accelerate the execution of their strategic plan
- New this year: Curriculum evaluation - this session offers attendees insight into how curriculum is evaluated for meeting competencies and AHIMA taxonomy levels.
Registration has closed, as of April 5, 2020
No day-of-the-conference registration allowed
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require registration with an invoice with check payment.
If mailing payment, please print a copy of your registration email and include it with the payment or PO. Registrations are not considered complete until payment is received in full. Payment must be received within 30 days of registration.
Cancellations made by April 5, 2020 will be refunded the paid registration fee.
Cancellations after this date are not eligible for any refunds. CAHIIM is not responsible for airfare, hotel, or other costs. Conference cancellation requests should be emailed to email@example.com