Assistant/Associate/Professor (Health Informatics)
University of Pittsburgh
Job Type: Full Time Faculty
Location: University of Pittsburgh, Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Job Description: The University of Pittsburgh, Department of Health Information Management invites applications for a position to expand our educational activities in health information management and health informatics. We are seeking applicants for Assistant/Associate position, within the appointment stream. The position will begin May 1, 2024, and will require the candidate to teach on-site in Pittsburgh. We are open to candidates from all areas of health informatics. We are particularly interested in candidates with teaching experience at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
Health Information Management at the University of Pittsburgh is one of the leading academic programs in the nation. The Department offers a B.S. and an M.S. in Health Informatics and participates in the PhD program, which is part of the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences. The Master of Science in Health Informatics (MSHI) program offers tracks in health Data Science (DS), Healthcare Supervision and Management (HSM), General Health Informatics, and Health Services Analytics. The program also offers certificates in Health Data Analytics, Health Information Cybersecurity, Leadership in Health Informatics, and Revenue Cycle Management. The programs are offered both on-campus and online. The department also has a robust curriculum in the undergraduate program with an emphasis in health data science and health informatics. Currently, the undergraduate program is fully in person on the Pittsburgh campus, with the potential of offering an online component in the future.
Posted: November 9, 2023
The successful candidate must have:
• High potential for leadership and have a strong commitment to high quality education.
• An MS or PhD (PhD preferred) in Health Informatics, Health Information Management, Health Service Administration, Computer and Information Sciences, clinical coding and/or revenue cycle management or other relevant disciplines.
• Experience in teaching and advising undergraduate and graduate students, and interests in developing innovative health informatics programs both on campus and online.
• Experience in coordinating clinical internships and capstone projects within local and national health care settings preferred.
• Experience building client relationships in campus recruiting and the Health Informatics industry.
• 3-5 years teaching experience preferred.
• RHIA or other Health Administration credential preferred.